Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tuxie Tuesday - Special Edition 2

The Story of Mrs. B - Part Three
A few weeks after the heartworm episode, Mrs. B slipped out into the backyard (no doubt to eat some grass – to this day she loves to sneak outside to eat grass, so I can certainly understand how this happened) and was attacked by a dog that Foster Dad was fostering. Foster Dad broke it up, and again Mrs. B was rushed to the vet. Miraculously she wasn't injured but she was in shock.

While Mrs. B was going though one crisis after another, I was going through my own heartbreak. I have made friends with one of several stray cats that lived around the house I was sharing with some other students. I had her spayed and given her shots, but she was still pretty wild. I named her Kalahari and when I moved to my own apartment, I took her with me.

She was not using the litter box, so I allowed her to go outside to do her business. About 2 and a half months after I moved, she was hit by a car and killed. Before her, I’ve had 4 other cats, two (Crinkle and Babatjie) are still alive, and the other 2 died of old age. So this was my first cat that died such a sad death.

(to be continued ...)

11 comments:

LZ said...

Mrs. B is quite a strong kitty!

Kalahari was a beautiful kitty and she kind of looks like my big brother Chase! I'm sorry you lost her so young but at least you gave her the best shot at a fabulous home!

Jake and Bathsheba said...

It's always sad to lose a beloved kitty, but it seems so unfair when they are so young.

You're really keeping us in suspense about Mrs. B, but we feel assured of a happy ending to the story since we know where she is.

~J&B

Anonymous said...

Mrs. B has bin thru a lot. She's very lucky to haf such a grate Mom.

That's sad about Kalahari- whut a beautiful kittie!

Emma's Kat said...

Wow, Mrs. B, to look at you one would never know all that you've been thru! I can't believe you escaped injury from the dog attack! Can't wait to hear more! And what a gorgeous kitty Kalahari was! Such a shame she died so tragically!

Gemini said...

Oh there is ever so much trauma in Mrs. B's past!

Momma is glad that Georgia never got hit by a car 'cause she always insisted on being outside.

Rascal said...

Kalahari doesn't look like a Cat to mess with. I can sympathize with Mrs. B about the dog. I got mauled pretty badly by one too. If my dad hadn't gone out looking for me I would have died because I was too badly hurt to make it home.

Anonymous said...

This is a very intriguing story - but how awful about the dog! (And sad about Kalahari!)

Elaine (Lux's Mom)

caspersmom said...

Goodness Mrs. B sounds like you have had a tough life. But you are a strong kitty. Sounds like your Mom did a good deed saving little Tabby. Was wondering if your Mom is going to keep little Tabby or find a forever home.

Casper

Rosie & Cheeto said...

Oh Mrs. B...yer quite a brave cat to take on that wild dawg! Yer gutsiness is vary attractive. Mraw!! -Cheeto

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Caspersmom - I'm hoping to find LT a good forever home. He is just the cutest little thing. He eats like a horse and plays like crazy. He already uses his litterbox, not even one accident so far! I know there are plenty of cats that need home, but he is so cute I hope somebody will take him.

monkeybunkey said...

Those are sad stories, and you are a very strong lady. I'm sure you gave them all the love you had to give and more! You are very very special.

Monkers